International Applicants

Information for international applicants to the One-Year MAcc Program.

With the exception of items noted below, international applicants follow the same application process as domestic applicants.

Applicants who are neither US citizens nor US permanent residents must hold an F-1 visa at the time of application in order to be eligible to apply. This means that we are only accepting applications from international students who are currently in the United States while pursuing their entire four-year undergraduate degree program from an accredited US-based institution.  International applicants must also complete all four years of their bachelor’s degree in the United States. International applicants who are participating in a degree program where one or two years of study are completed at a university outside of the US prior to transferring to a university in the US are not eligible to apply.

If you are qualified to apply as an international student, then a current TOEFL or IELTS score is required unless you have already graduated with your bachelor’s (or master’s) degree in the US and your transcript reflects the conferral of your degree.  This means that if you have not yet graduated as of the February application deadline, then you are required to submit a current TOEFL or IELTS score as part of your application package.  Your application will not be reviewed unless this score is submitted by the supplemental application materials deadline (i.e., one week after the admissions deadline), and this requirement is not waived under any circumstances.  Although the Admissions Committee prefers the TOEFL score, we will accept the IELTS as a substitute for TOEFL.

Visa Documentation

If you are accepted into the One-Year MAcc Program, then you will be contacted via email by the University Office of Global Programs with a link to submit your visa documentation. Documentation can be express shipped via a third-party provider. The Global Programs website contains information that is helpful for international students, from financial and eligibility information to housing.

Financial Requirements

Financial guarantee requirements can be found at the Global Programs website.

Degree Equivalencies

We will be happy to consider and review your application if you completed your undergraduate degree abroad and have subsequently become a US citizen or a US permanent resident.  If you meet this requirement, then please note that Penn State uses Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) to assess degree equivalencies for your undergraduate degree. ECE does not consider a three-year bachelor’s degree to be equivalent to a four-year U.S. degree. Please check ECE’s website to evaluate your degree if you have any questions. Please note, Penn State does not accept World Education Services (WES)’s evaluations.