Finance focuses on how individuals and business organizations raise money and capital, and how those resources are allocated among competing investment and consumption opportunities. The field focuses on domestic and international financial economies and the role of financial markets and institutions key in the movement of savings and investment capital from lenders to borrowers. It also deals with how individuals and corporate managers evaluate alternative investment and savings opportunities and how they choose among various financial instruments.
Careers in Finance
- securities analysis and investment management
- retail and commercial bank management
- corporate financial analysis and management
- retail investment brokerage
- corporate risk management and financial consulting