Nittany Lion Inn,
200 West Park Avenue
University Park, PA 16803
Conference Agenda for Tuesday, March 25, 2008
|Tuesday, March 25, 2008
|11:30 p.m.-12:00 p.m.
|12:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m
- "Diversity and Inclusiveness in Shell: Our Journey, Make it Your Journey!" Andrew Seck PhD. Manager Business Planning & Support, Shell Oil Exploration and Production Company
- START Diversity Award presentations
- "Diversity Has No Identity" Shanice Barnum, 1st place
- "I Say, Color Me Black" Sasha Howard, 2nd place
- "Banana Flavored Twinkies" Janice Yap, 3rd place
|2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
- "The Power of Perceptions" Boardroom I
The purpose of this workshop is to provide students, faculty and administrators with an opportunity to examine how our perceptions of people can lead to assumptions which produce behaviors that reflect those assumptions. Joe Packowski, District Manager, Philip Morris USA. Kristi Rosiak and Solomon Plater, Student Ambassadors
- "Managing the Transition from School to Work" Assembly Room Christie Drabic, Quality Leader, GE Transportation
|3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m
- Networking break with corporate representatives and minority graduate students.
|4:00 p.m.- 4:45 p.m
- "Generational Differences in the Workplace: The New Corporate Landscape and What it Means to Younger Workers" Boardroom I. Rose Potts, Rotocraft Finance Employee Development Manager and Jocelyn Moye, Pricing and Estimating Analyst, Boeing.
- "Welcome to the Workforce - Is the employer 'right' for you, and are you 'right' for the employer" Assembly Room. A panel of Vanguard employees will facilitate a Q&A session to explore the broad and diverse criteria students need to consider when evaluating employment opportunities. You'll gain insight on some of the key factors to consider, such as benefits, corporate culture and values, and work environment. The panel discussion will provide an opportunity for students to exchange thoughts, questions, and ideas with several recently hired Vanguard employees from Penn State. Kamila Elliott, Supervisor, Business Development Group, Vanguard