Nittany Lion Inn,
200 West Park Avenue
University Park, PA 16803
Conference Agenda for 2007
|Friday, March 30, 2007
||12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
|12:30 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
||Luncheon, Assembly Room
Keynote Address: William A. Donan, Retired CVP, Allegiance Healthcare Corporation
|2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
- "Career Success: Developing Your Competitive Advantage" Thea Jenkins, Director, Management Development/Minority Recruiting , GEICO. Boardroom 1
- "Work, Gender, and Motherhood" Professor Robert Drago, Penn State. Mt. Nittany Room. This workshop will discuss historical changes in the labor market experiences of women in the U.S., and particularly the increasingly disparate treatment of mother as opposed to non-mother women.
- "Generational Differences in the Workplace: The New Corporate Landscape and What it Means for Younger Workers" Jocelyn Moye, and Rose Potts, Boeing. Boardroom 2
- Diversity Award Student Presentations, Assembly Room
|3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
- "From Backpack to Briefcase: Making the Transition from Campus to Career", Steven A. Howery, General Electric. Boardroom 1. GE managers and recruiters will share the do's and don'ts of being a new hire and strategies for launching a successful career with a global company.
- "The Importance of Diversity in Organization Engagement", Nancy W. Adams, Philip Morris. Boardroom 2
- "Gender and Sexuality Equity in the Workplace", Christian Matheis, LGBTA Student Resource Center, Penn State. Businesses across the country are actively working to establish policies inclusive of gender and sexuality diversity. As a result, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) are finding improved support and opportunities for advancement in various industries. In this session, the facilitator will explore some of the key issues affecting LGBT individuals in the workforce, as well as provide strategies for understanding and affirming sexual orientation. Mt. Nittany Room.
- "The REAL DEAL About College", Student Panel. Assembly Room. A panel of students from various majors and semester standings will share experiences about Penn State and college life in general.
|4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.