Nittany Lion Inn
200 West Park Avenue
University Park, PA 16803
|Tuesday, March 26, 2013
9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Registration/Check-in, NLI Atrium
|10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Breakout Session 1
- "Personal Branding Through a Diversity Lens" KPMG, Tori Farmer, This breakout session will help provide students an understanding as to how to make themselves more marketable to employers. Topic of discussion will be personal branding, with an emphasis on soft skills, using a diversity lens.
- "Generational Differences in the Workplace: An Interactive Workshop" Boeing, Meredith Monroe and Chris Schultheis,
As collaboration becomes increasingly important in the workplace, the ability to work alongside multiple generations effectively is essential, and can often mean the difference between success and failure. In this workshop, we will identify four different generations, the characteristics commonly associated with those generations, and the best ways to leverage this knowledge in the workplace.
|11:30 a.m.- 12:15 p.m
Breakout Session 2
- "Gender Differences in a Professional Environment"- Altria, Kelly Naudain
- "Microinequities: Overcoming Subtle Barriers to Inclusion"- Shell, Deborah Wilkins Microinequities are tiny, subtle, and very powerful negative messages that are often built into organizational culture and cause people to feel devalued and excluded. In this engaging interactive session, you will become more aware of these messages, how they can impact your work environment, and what you can do about them.
- "Roadmap for Success: Transitioning from Student to Professional Life"- Capital One, Paula Lisa Wimbush, The transition from being a student to a professional can be intimidating. Our presentation aims to provide guidance on how to navigate your personal journey into the professional world, and an understanding of how this can be especially different for students of a diverse background.
|12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Lunch and Closing Remarks, Ballroom
Keynote Speaker: Reggie Butler, Director, Ed Methods Learning and Development, PwC
S.T.A.R.T. Diversity Award Student Presentations
- 3rd Place, Fuad Ligali, Junior Actuarial Science
- 2nd Place, Emily Zheng, Sophomore, Business Administration
- 1st Place, Adam Lewis, First-year, Business Administration