Founding Principal and CEO
Paul has over 19 years of experience helping companies across a broad array of industries deploy planning capabilities and significantly improve business performance. He has held various senior leadership positions with companies that pioneered major advancements in supply chain management and network-centric technologies, including Manugistics and VeriSign, and started his career in a planning role with Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products.
At Digital Tempus, Paul leads a team of portfolio and planning experts and is actively engaged in helping companies connect Commercial teams with Operations, optimize portfolios, reduce complexity, and implement truly integrated business management with a focus on effective decision-making and profitable growth. Prior to Digital Tempus, Paul was responsible for shaping the vision and delivery of VeriSign services for the Consumer Products and Retail Industry. In this role, Paul developed innovative capabilities that helped brand marketers engage the Digital Consumer and leverage store-level retail data and advanced analytics to increase visibility and performance. Paul’s perspective on the networked, global economy grew substantially while building two companies that addressed the extremes of the end-to-end supply chain; retail merchandise optimization and raw material sourcing. Early in his career, Paul developed a passion for planning as a leader during the entrepreneurial years of Manugistics where he was responsible for global consulting, best practices, product management, and industry and product marketing.
Throughout his career, Paul has helped some of the world’s most respected companies implement innovative business models and demand-driven strategies, including Church and Dwight, CVS/Pharmacy, Darden, Dell, DuPont, Ford Motor Company, Microsoft, McCormick and Company, Nalco Company, Procter & Gamble, Rolls-Royce, Unilever, United States Department of Defense, Wegmans, and Xilinx.
Paul holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Logistics from The Pennsylvania State University, is the Co-Director of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Benchmarking Consortium, and has taught Business and IT Strategy Alignment and World-Class Collaboration to more than 500 professionals through the University’s Executive Education Program. Paul is an active member of the Consumer Product Healthcare Association’s Logistics Steering Committee (CHPA) and is a certified facilitator for VICS CPFR® Certification in Commercial and Defense sector programs. Paul has published numerous articles and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences with a focus on explaining innovative business models, enabling technologies, and a process for developing effective planning organizations and talent. Most recently, Paul chaired the Sales and Operations Planning track at the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) Annual Global Conference that was ranked in the Top 3 out of 30 tracks featured.
Select Project Experience:
- Leads an ongoing project for a large chemical company to transform fundamental organizational planning capabilities, including the monthly S&OP process. Paul’s work includes coaching both executives and planners on the preparation, content, agendas and decision-making processes for Pre-S&OP and Executive S&OP meetings, enhancing the content, restructuring performance metrics and the meetings to ensure that the meetings are focused and critical decisions get made.
- Leads an ongoing project for a large food service/restaurant company to transform demand management, supply management, and S&OP capabilities, including the development of a 5-stage capability model, coaching, change management and communication to ensure stakeholder engagement and overall project success.
- Mentored DuPont planning resources and improved the configuration and use of enterprise demand planning technology resulting in a sustained 25 percentage point improvement in forecast accuracy and improved working capital efficiencies.
- Mentored key planning personnel at a $3B Consumer Products Manufacturer and tuned enterprise planning systems to deliver a 15 percentage point improvement in customer-level forecast accuracy and proactive management of the supply plans to deliver service objectives.
- Led the development and execution of a global strategy to expand VeriSign’s services and combine RFID, retail data, and other demand signals in a retail data service model.
- For a $57B consumer products manufacturer, shadowed six customer business development teams and developed a common approach to leverage store-level data provided by retail accounts.
- Managed a design collaboration project with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier and major chemical company to replace metal parts with an engineered polymer – resulting in more than $20M savings for the Tier 1 and approximately $10M incremental revenue for the Chemical Company.
- Managed a supply chain collaboration project with a leading Electronics company and its global Contract Manufacturing partners to improve supply continuity, while reducing exposure to inventory liability.
- Managed first implementation of Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment process and technology at Wegmans Food Markets with double-digit sales growth results in the snack food category.