Finance for Architects
Basic financial elements will be presented with a specific focus on the architectural business model (NOT project budget or schedule of values). Consideration of various financial models for the profession (i.e., billable hours, value-added, maximum cost/price, commission, etc.) will be examined with discussions around the future of financial models for architects.
- Discuss general financial concepts and models used in the business environment
- Explore the impact of global/domestic economics on the industry
- Examine the attributes of financial management and their impact on an organization.
- Discuss the relationship of finance to marketing, proposals, contracts, etc.
This module awards 1.5 Learning Units. Credit designation: LU / HSW
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Strategy and Innovation
- Client-facing, Marketing, and Business Development