Marketing faculty members have received many awards, honors, and recognition for their contributions to the field. A few examples are the following:
- Hans Baumgartner was elected the President of the Society for Consumer Psychology (SCP) in January 2009. SCP is a national organization of academics, practitioners, and students dedicated to the study of the psychology of consumer behavior.
- In 2008 Wayne DeSarbo received two awards from the Emerald Literati Network for papers that were published in the Journal of Modelling in Management. He was awarded the outstanding paper award and the other article was selected as a highly commended award winner.
- In 2009, Wayne DeSarbo, Rajdeep Grewal, and Qiong Wang received the Emerald Literati Award for the best paper award of the Journal of Modelling in Management.
- Min Ding won the 2007 Maynard Award for best paper in the Journal of Marketing, and another article was a finalist for the 2005 Green Award at the Journal of Marketing Research.
- Duncan Fong was appointed as an Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Statistical Association, the flagship statistics journal in 2009.
- Marvin Goldberg received the 2007 Kinnear/JPPM Award for best article published in the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing over a three-year period.
- Marvin Goldberg and Kunter Gunasti received the 2008 Thomas C. Kinnear/Journal of Public Policy & Marketing Award, which recognizes the article that has made the most significant contribution to the understanding of marketing and public policy issues over a three year period. This is the second time consecutively that Marv won this award.
- Raj Grewal received the Marketing Strategy SIG Early Career Award at the American Marketing Association’s 2007 Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference held in Washington, DC.
- At the American Marketing Association’s 2008 Winter Marketing Educators' Conference held February 15 to 18 in Austin, Texas, Gary Lilien was presented with the AMA Irwin/McGraw-Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator Award, the highest honor a marketing educator can receive. This lifetime achievement honor is awarded annually to a marketing academic who is universally acknowledged as a longstanding leader in marketing education and who has made extensive contributions to marketing education and the marketing discipline in general. Honorees are individuals who have careers that reflect a balance of distinguished achievements across the criteria of creativity and innovation, teaching and mentoring, research, administration, public service, and service to the marketing profession.
- Meg Meloy served as co-chair for the Society for Consumer Psychology conference in 2010 (one of the two main conferences for behavioral consumer research).