Faculty Research and Scholarly Activity
Some of the areas of expertise of our PhD faculty include:
- Stochastic modeling of Manufacturing and Service Systems, with applications to production-inventory models, risk management of supply chains, assemble-to-order systems, revenue management, reliability, scheduling, and queuing control, production planning and coordination, sales and operations planning, contracting, supply chain coordination, transportation and logistics. (Xu, Thomas, Tyworth, Bansal)
- Behavioral Operations Management, auctions and procurement mechanism design, decision support systems. (Kremer, Moritz).
- Closed-loop supply chains, Product returns and remanufacturing; Sustainability. (Guide)
- Empirical analysis in supply chain management, including: Strategic sourcing and procurement; Supply disruptions, risk and resilience; Service operations; Supply chain performance in logistics and transportation. (Craighead, Mani, Novack, Thomchick, Villena).
- Large scale production and distribution systems; Supply chain management and modeling; Applied optimization to decision support systems; Management of renewable natural resources. (Harrison).
Workflow systems, Web services, Internet technologies, Process mining, Database systems, Intelligent systems. (Kumar)