Many of our students publish their research papers in top management journals, often in collaboration with faculty. We list here a selection of student papers published since 2004 to provide a sense of the breadth and depth of the knowledge creation by doctoral students in our program.
- Holehonnur, A. & Pollock, T.G. 2012 (Forthcoming) Shoot for the stars? Predicting the recruitment of prestigious directors by newly public firms. Academy of Management Journal.
- Gioia, D.A.; Patvardhan, S.; Hamilton, A.L. & Corley, K.G. 2013 (In press) Organizational identity formation and change. Academy of Management Annals.
- Briscoe, F. & Murphy, C, 2012. Sleigh of Hand? Practice Opacity, Third-Party Responses, and the Interorganizational Diffusion of Controversial Practices. Administrative Science Quarterly, 57 (4): 553-584.
- Nag, R. & Gioia, D.A., 2012. From Common to Uncommon Knowledge: Foundations of Firm-Specific Use of Knowledge as a Resource. Academy of Management Journal.
- Kim, K. & Tsai, W., 2012. Social comparison among competing firms. Strategic Management Journal, 33 (2): 115-136.
- Corley, K.G. & Gioia, D.A., 2011. Building theory about theory building: What constitutes a theoretical contribution? Academy of Management Review, 36: 12-32.
- Crossland, C. and D.C. Hambrick, 2011. Differences in Managerial Discretion across Countries: How National-level Institutions Affect the Degree to Which CEOs Matter. Strategic Management Journal, 32 (8): 797-819.
- Wowak, A. J., Hambrick, D. C., & Henderson, A. D., 2010. Do CEOs encounter within-tenure 'settling up'? A multiperiod perspective on executive pay and dismissal. Academy of Management Journal, 31(8): 803-821.
- Clark, S.M.; Gioia, D.A.; Ketchen, D.J, Jr. & Thomas, J.B., 2010. Transitional identity as a facilitator of organizational identity change during a merger. Administrative Science Quarterly, 55: 397-438.
- Gephart, J., Detert, J., Treviño, L.K. & Edmondson, A., 2010. Silenced by Fear: The Nature, Sources, and Consequences of Fear at Work. Research in Organizational Behavior 29: 163-193.
- Gioia, D.A.; Price, K.N., Hamilton, A.L. & Thomas, J.B., 2010. Forging an identity: An insider-outsider study of processes involved in the formation of organizational identity. Administrative Science Quarterly 55: 1-46.
- Kish-Gephart, J. J., Harrison, D. A., & Treviño, L. K., 2010. Bad apples, bad cases, and bad barrels: Meta-analytic evidence about sources of unethical decisions at work. Journal of Applied Psychology 95: 1-31.
- Wowak, A. J., & Hambrick, D. C., 2010. A model of person-pay interaction: How executives vary in their responses to compensation arrangements. Strategic Management Journal 31(8): 803-821.
- Brown, M.B. & Treviño, L.K., 2009. Leader-follower values congruence: Are socialized charismatic leaders better able to achieve it? Journal of Applied Psychology 94: 478-490.
- Purdy, J. and Gray, B., 2009. “Conflicting logics, mechanisms of diffusion and multilevel dynamics in emerging institutional fields.” Academy of Management Journal, 52 (2): 355-380.
- Ren, H. & B. Gray, 2009. Repairing Relationship Conflict: How violation types and culture determine appropriate restoration rituals. Academy of Management Review 34(1): 105-127.
- Brummans, B. H. J. M., Putnam, L. L., Gray, B., Hanke, R., Lewicki, R. J., & Wiethoff, C., 2008. "Making sense of intractable multiparty conflict: A study of framing in four environmental disputes.” Communication Monographs, 75 (1): 25-51.
- Burris, E. R., J. R. Detert & D. S. Chiaburu, 2008. Quitting before leaving: the mediating effects of psychological investment and detachment on voice. Journal of Applied Psychology 93(4): 912-922.
- Chen, G., D.C. Hambrick & T.G. Pollock, 2008. Puttin’ on the Ritz: Pre-IPO Enlistment of Prestigious Affiliates as Deadline-Induced Remediation. Academy of Management Journal 51(5): 954-975.
- Chiaburu, D. S. & D. A. Harrison, 2008. Do coworkers make the place? Conceptual synthesis and meta-analysis of lateral social influences in organizations. Journal of Applied Psychology 93: 1082-1103.
- Chatterjee, A. & D. C. Hambrick, 2007. It’s All about Me: Narcissistic CEOs and Their Effects on Company Strategy and Performance. Administrative Science Quarterly 52: 351-386.
- Crossland, C. & D.C. Hambrick, 2007. How National Systems Differ in Their Constraints on Corporate Executives: A Study of CEO Effects in Three Countries. Strategic Management Journal 28: 767-789.
- Detert, J., Treviño, L.K., Burris, E., & Andiappan, M., 2007. Managerial models of influence and counterproductivity in organizations: A longitudinal business unit-level investigation. Journal of Applied Psychology 92: 993-1005.
- Kilduff, M., C. Crossland, W. Tsai, & D. Krackhardt, 2008. Organizational network perceptions versus reality: A small world after all? Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 107(1): 15-28.
- Nag, R., D.C. Hambrick & M-J Chen, 2007. What Is Strategic Management, Really? Inductive Derivation of a Consensus Definition of the Field. Strategic Management Journal 28: 935-955.
- Nag, R., K. Corley & D. A. Gioia, 2007. The Intersection of Organizational Identity, Knowledge, and Practice: Attempting Strategic Change via Knowledge Grafting. Academy of Management Journal 50(4): 821-847.
- Balkundi, P. & D. A. Harrison, 2006. Ties, leaders, and time in teams: Strong inference about the effects of network structure on team viability and performance. Academy of Management Journal 49: 49-68.
- Brown, M. E. & Treviño, L.K., 2006. Socialized charismatic leadership, values congruence, and deviance in work groups: An empirical test. Journal of Applied Psychology 91: 954-962.
- Kilduff, M., W. Tsai & R. Hanke, 2006. A paradigm too far? A dynamic stability reconsideration of social network research program. Academy of Management Review 31: 1031-1048.
- Brown, M.E., L.K. Treviño & D.A. Harrison, 2005. Ethical leadership: A social learning theory perspective for construct development. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 97: 117-134.
- Bhaskar-Shrinivas, P., D. A. Harrison, M. A. Shaffer, & D. M. Luk, 2005. Input-based and time-based models of international adjustment: Meta-analytic evidence and theoretical extensions. Academy of Management Journal 48(2): 257-281.
- Corley, K.G. & D.A. Gioia, 2004. Identity ambiguity and change in the wake of a corporate spin-off. Administrative Science Quarterly 49: 173-208.