The Penn State Smeal MBA Program is based in the Business Building on the picturesque University Park campus in State College, Pennsylvania.
Iconic College Town
Known for being student-centered and accessible, State College has been ranked among the least-stressful communities in the United States by Psychology Today and as one of the nation's most livable communities by Kiplinger's.
- USA Today ranks State College ranks as the No. 2 college town in the nation for academics, quality of life, and professional opportunities.
- The American Institute for Economic Research ranks it as the No. 3 town for college students.
State College offers vibrant nightlife, theater and concert performances in a variety of venues, a diverse array of spectator sports, and ample opportunities for outdoor activities across the region.
- The Center for the Performing Arts and the Bryce Jordan Center regularly host internationally recognized acts (such as Cirque Du Soleil, Bruce Springsteen, Jerry Seinfeld, and a variety of Broadway Shows).
- Local venues, such as The State Theatre, provide more intimate settings for both local and national entertainment.
- Penn State features one of the nation’s top intercollegiate athletic programs with legions of enthusiastic supporters.
State College is within easy driving distance of major regional business hubs such as Baltimore, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington, D.C. The University Park Airport, which is a five-minute drive from campus, offers daily connecting flights to major hubs including Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Washington/Dulles.