Penn State Smeal MBA Curriculum
The focus of the Penn State Smeal MBA educational experience is to arm students with both functional expertise and broad business perspective. Our curriculum has been designed with the input of corporate recruiters and alumni advisers in top organizations. It will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to thrive as a principled leader in an increasingly globalized business world.
Develop and communicate a sound strategic vision with integrity and character. Establish partnerships and alliances to guide teams and organizations.
- Cultural emphasis on academic and professional integrity
- Year-long leadership communications training
- 360-degree feedback and coaching program
Build fundamental business skills and functional depth in areas such as corporate finance, marketing, and supply chain management.
- First-year core curriculum emphasizing business fundamentals
- Concentration opportunities aligned with your career aspirations
- Specialization opportunities including Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt Certification
Span business silos to innovate and collaborate across and outside of the corporation.
- Executive Panel case competition after year one
- Applied Professional Experience (APEX) Program addressing challenges of client companies
Address the complex challenges of conducting business on the international stage in the shadow of global economic upheaval.
- Community of MBA students from around the globe
- Global Immersion experience to business hubs