Each of you has unique goals and interests. We allow you complete flexibility to avoid the "cookie cutter" approach to your MBA. As you will soon shape your career, also shape your curriculum.
Customize your Penn State Smeal MBA experience in a variety of ways to suit your aspirations. The courses you decide to take during Modules V-VIII in the second year allow you to explore one of three paths.
Choose to pursue one of the college's pre-designed concentrations in:
- Finance: focus on financial analysis and management of assets with an emphasis on capital markets.
- Marketing: focus on the creation or expansion of products in business-to-business or consumer marketing.
- Supply Chain Management: focus on organizational goals such as system flexibility, asset utilization, profitability, etc.
- Strategic Leadership: focus on the role of management within an organization.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: focus on building your own company or consulting opportunities.
Work with MBA advisers to create a college-recognized concentration in an area such as bio-business, energy, hospitality management, real estate, etc.
General Management Concentration
Enjoy complete flexibility and choose a variety of elective courses from across Smeal and Penn State. This is often a concentration preferred by those returning to a general management role in an existing or family company.