Our official deadlines have passed for Fall 2014, however, we will continue to review applications from domestic candidates on a case-by-case basis through mid-July.
(Domestic and US Permanent Resident Applicants only)
Apply now for Fall 2014
All parts of the application to the Penn State Smeal MBA Program including recommendation letters and essays must be received by the applicable deadline to consider the application complete.
Part 1: The Application
- Please use the following portal to access the Penn State Graduate School Application. You can return to this portal anytime during the process to access your application.
- After you begin your application, you will be asked to select the desired program. Your selections for the full-time residential Smeal MBA program at Penn State should be:
- Complete application including program specific questions and upload resume, essays, and transcripts as prompted. Pay the application fee of $65 unless you have a .
Part 2: Essays, Resume, and Transcripts
- Format: Please complete the following two essays and upload them to the application in .pdf or .rtf format. Please include both in one document.
- Length: Please limit your essays to the word limit provided.
- Academic Integrity: Please follow - "using someone else's words or ideas without properly giving credit." To ensure academic integrity, all essays will be confirmed through Turnitin for Admissions authenticity software.
What are your short-term and long-term career goals? What is your plan for achieving these goals? Please be as specific as possible, including industry and function. How do you see your experience at Smeal fitting into this plan? (600 word limit)
An important part of the Smeal MBA Program is our community. Pick one question below to answer. Tell us something new about you that will help us get to know you better, and gauge your fit for our MBA Program. There are no wrong or right answers. (500 word limit)
- You are given an opportunity to meet someone you admire as a leader. Who is this person? What would you talk about and why?
- Outside of your professional accomplishments what are you most proud of and why?
- You win $5,000,000 USD in the lottery. What would you do with the money?
- Resume: Please submit a current version of your resume, including all work experience and secondary education up until the date of application. The sample PDF posted here is the format in which we require our students to complete their resume. While this format is NOT required for application, you may find it to be a useful resource when preparing your resume.
- Transcripts: Upload a copy of your Undergraduate Transcripts for the initial review of your application. If you are admitted and enroll, Original/Official copies of these transcripts from your undergraduate institution will be required. Even though official transcripts are not needed to determine an admissions decision we encourage you to submit your official copies as early as possible to prevent any delay in processes after admission.
Part 3: Letters of Recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- The online application "References" section may be left blank and Saved, as the site below will register your two references.
- Use the following link to register yourself. After creating your account in the recommendation system, login and submit your two recommenders. Upon submission, they will be sent access to a webform to complete their recommendations. You may go back to the registration page to change recommenders.
- If your recommenders are unable to use the electronic form above, please have them fill out and mail the following form.
- Additional recommendation letters may be submitted as supplements, however, we prefer that only the form is used. This allows us to most equitably compare candidates and ensures that candidates' assessments rely on specific ratings rather than their references' varied language and writing styles.
Part 4: Video (Optional)
We encourage applicants to submit a brief video (2 minutes or less). While this is not a mandatory part of the application, a video will help allow the admissions committee to experience your presentation capabilities. In your video, please do the following:
- State your name, where you are from (city and country), and the date you are recording the video.
- In two minutes, present something unique about yourself to help the Admissions Team and your future classmates get to know you better.
- To be considered in the application evaluation videos must be submitted prior to or at the time of application.
Technical Requirements: http://college.likelive.com/UnAuth/Pages/FAQs.aspx
- If you need additional information on the application process, please visit:
Domestic Applicant Requirements
International Applicant Requirements
- If you still have questions after consulting the resources on the website, please contact us at 814-863-0474 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- The only accurate way to check the status of your application and whether or not your materials have been received is to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The information available on https://secure.gradsch.psu.edu/status/ is not up to date.
Materials Mailing Address
Penn State Smeal MBA Program
220 Business Building
University Park, PA 16802