Integrated MAcc Program
Smeal’s Integrated Undergraduate-Graduate MAcc Program gets students educationally qualified for the CPA license after five years of study at Penn State. The program is a good fit for highly-motivated students who know as of their sophomore year that they want to pursue a CPA-track job immediately after graduation.
Coursework for the Integrated MAcc Program begins in the fall semester of the junior year. Graduation occurs after the fifth year, at which time students simultaneously earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in accounting.
Penn State students in the Smeal College or the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) apply to the Integrated MAcc Program early in the spring semester of the sophomore year. Accounting and finance majors are considered for admission. Admissions are highly competitive and are limited to 120 new students annually.
- Take a combination of undergraduate and graduate coursework during fourth and fifth year the program. Seamlessly earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in just five academic years while satisfying the 150-credit-hour requirement.
- Enroll in course sections reserved for students in the Integrated MAcc Program.
- Pursue a paid internship during the spring semester of the senior year. Internships often lead to full-time job offers.
- Consult with a dedicated MAcc-only academic adviser about course selections and career choices.
- Access the broad and deep pool of recruiters who annually visit Smeal to hire new talent.