Generally, a complete application to the Penn State Smeal Executive MBA Program will include the following. We will work with you on each step once you have expressed your interest.
- A completed pre-assessment form
- A current resume (send to firstname.lastname@example.org for review)
- A personal interview with the director of admissions
- Two recommendations
- Original transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two 750-1000 word essays
The application process consists of five easy steps:
- Send your resume by e-mail to
- Schedule a class visit or join us at a networking event.
- Complete our online pre-assessment tool.
- Contact the Smeal Executive MBA Office at 1-866-999-EMBA (3622) or click here to schedule a personal interview. Interviews are an informal discussion with the program director, our director of career & executive coaching or our Dean of MBA Programs. During the meeting plan on talking extensively about your experience, current job responsibilities, and your future goals. Interviews are done in person, over the phone or via video conference. We will work around your schedule to find a time and location convenient to you.
- Request transcripts for your undergraduate and graduate course work and have them sent directly to our office:
Executive MBA Program - 220 Business Building, University Park, PA - 16802
Attention: Melissa Szmal
If you are interested in starting an application please e-mail email@example.com. Our application deadline for the fall 2013 enrollment is June 30, 2013.
Successful applicants will have post-undergraduate work experience of 6-8 years with a minimum of 1-2 years of managerial or team leader experience. Students with fewer years of work or management experience will be considered with a sponsorship letter from their firm.
Applicants typically have a desire to move up or into the senior management ranks of their firm or, in some cases, into their own entrepreneurial venture.
Students come from various industries including manufacturing, consulting, financial services, healthcare, and pharmaceutical. Individuals joining the program have diverse backgrounds in fields such as marketing, engineering, operations, finance, IT, sales, and more. Organizations include some of the largest companies in the world as well as smaller firms.
The admissions committee is most interested in your career accomplishments to date, your goals for the future and your capacity for reaching those goals. Although the GMAT is not required, the Admissions Committee may ask certain candidates to take the exam.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.