A completed application to the Penn State Smeal Executive MBA Program includes:
- A completed pre-assessment form.
- A current resume (send to firstname.lastname@example.org for review).
- A personal interview with admissions staff.
- Two recommendations from professional references.
- Original transcripts of undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Two 750-1000 word essays.
Steps to Apply
- Complete our online pre-assessment form.
- Send your resume by email to email@example.com.
- Complete the program application that was sent following the review of your resume.
- Participate in a personal interview with admissions staff. Interviews are by invitation only following review of your application.
- Gain admission to the Graduate School at Penn State following acceptance at the program level.
Applicants are required to meet with admissions staff in person. This may be accomplished either by attending a class visit, which is highly recommended, or during the interview. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and generally take two to three weeks from submission of the required elements.
If you are interested in starting an application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Our application deadline for Fall 2014 enrollment is June 15, 2014.
Successful applicants must have a minimum of six years of post-undergraduate work experience as well as managerial or team leader experience. Students with fewer years of work or without management experience will be considered with a sponsorship letter from their firm.
Applicants typically have a desire to move up or into the senior management ranks of their firm, or in some cases, into their own entrepreneurial venture.
Students come from various industries including manufacturing, consulting, financial services, healthcare, and pharmaceutical. Individuals joining the program have diverse backgrounds in fields such as marketing, engineering, operations, finance, IT, sales, and more. Organizations include some of the largest companies in the world as well as smaller firms.
The admissions committee is most interested in your career accomplishments to date, your goals for the future, and your capacity for reaching those goals. Although the GMAT is not required, the Admissions Committee may ask certain candidates to take the exam.
If you would like to discuss your qualifications, please contact our office to schedule an appointment. Or attend an information session to learn more about the program and find out if it's the right fit for you and your professional goals.