Assistant Professor, Operations and Supply Chain Management
Prior to pursuing his Ph.D. degree, Dr. Warsing worked for seven years at IBM, where he held positions in areas spanning from industrial engineering to materials logistics. He was a General Motors Scholar while at Ohio State, and worked on two special assignments for GM’s Delco Products Division in Dayton, Ohio. He is currently assistant professor at North Carolina State University.
Dr. Warsing’s paper, “Toward the Virtual Supply Chain: New Opportunities for Air Logistics,” won an Outstanding Paper Award in the 1997 Air Logistics Industry Research Competition sponsored by the International Air Cargo Association. A paper co-authored by Don was recently accepted for publication in the European Journal of Operational Research.
Areas of Expertise
- Information Models in Logistics
- Strategic Use of Distribution Systems
- Discrete Optimization
- Ph.D., Business Administration, University of North Carolina
- M.S., Management, North Carolina State University
- B.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Ohio State University