James F. Fairbank
Associate Professor of Management
Penn State Erie
Prior to joining the academic world as a professor, Dr. Fairbank worked six years as a business development manager at Eldyne, Inc., San Diego, and two years as semiconductor marketing engineer at Texas Instruments, Inc., Houston..
Concurrent to his Ph.D. studies at Penn State, Dr. Fairbank worked as graduate instructor. He then went on to teach at the West Virginia University. In 2002, he joined the Penn State Faculty and currently is an Associate Professor of Management at the Sam and Irene Black School of Business at Penn State Erie..
As an expert in his field, he recently published a book titled The daily art of management: A hands-on guide to effective leadership and communication. In addition to this, Dr. Fairbank has published numerous articles in various journals and academic publications such as Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Management, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Global Competitiveness and many more.
- Ph.D., Business Administration (Management and Organization), The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Systems Management, University of Southern California
- B.S., United States Naval Academy.
Teaching and Research Areas
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Technology and Innovation Management
Teaching Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics 2000 Outstanding Teaching Award.
- Recipient of the Golden Key National Honor Society 2000 Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Teaching.