Corporate Associate Program
Increased corporate visibility at the Smeal College greatly expands available human resource potential. As such, The Smeal College of Business offers a variety of ways for companies to tap into the resources of Smeal and Penn State more broadly.
Our dedicated Corporate Associates annually provide Smeal with scholarship support, research funding, special gifts, and sponsorship of many student and professional development activities.
Outside of the philanthropic nature of the Corporate Associates Program, participation gives companies the opportunity to connect with students in a number of ways from recruiting events and student organization activities, to in-class lectures, facilitation of case studies, advisory boards and University-wide events.
If you have questions or are interested in participating in this program, contact Meg Brower, Director of Corporate Engagement.
Corporate Associate Program Benefits
Presence During High Profile Recruiting Events
These events are sponsored by Smeal Career & Corporate Connections and include:
- Fall/Spring Corporate Associate Career Fair
- Invitation to the Smeal Student Organization Reverse Involvement Fair during the spring semester
- Spring Advisory Board Meeting
- Premier placement at the Bryce Jordan Center Career Fair
Other Opportunities for Corporate Associates
- First right of refusal for interview space within the Smeal Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Recruiter in Residence (company recruiters review resumes and conduct mock interviews with students)
- Company of the Month (presence in Atrium of Business Building)
- Invitation to speak at events requested by student organizations or other college groups as needed
- Logo listed on
- Events, logos and company pages listed on the new student website
- Logos listed on stock ticker outside of Trading Room
- Continuous presence on flat screen TV in Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Plaque on wall outside of Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Company recruiter spotlights on Business Building screens
- All Corporate Associate members have an opportunity to meet with designated college representatives for recruiting strategy and planning. These meetings can include: Smeal Career & Corporate Connections Staff, Student Organization Manager, Director of Diversity, Corporate Development Staff Person, and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs.
Event Planning Assistance
- For company recruiting events, assistance with room scheduling and catering
- Assistance completing university and risk management form; for assistance please contact Roni Francke
- All marketing efforts listed above
- Technology fees and minor furniture fees associated with Corporate Associate Events for Business Building usage will be absorbed by the Career & Corporate Connections Office
- First right of refusal for participation in the Career Planning & Strategies Course
- First right of refusal for requests from professors for guest speakers