Corporate Partner Program
Increased corporate visibility at the Smeal College greatly expands available human resource potential. As such, The Smeal College of Business offers a variety of ways for companies to tap into the resources of Smeal and Penn State more broadly.
Our dedicated Corporate Partners annually provide Smeal with scholarship support, research funding, special gifts, and sponsorship of many student and professional development activities.
Outside of the philanthropic nature of the Corporate Partner Program, participation gives companies the opportunity to connect with students in a number of ways from recruiting events and student organization activities, to in-class lectures, facilitation of case studies, advisory boards and University-wide events.
If you have questions or are interested in participating in this program, contact Meg Brower, Director of Corporate Engagement.
Corporate Partner Program Benefits
Presence During High Profile Recruiting Events
These events are sponsored by Smeal Career & Corporate Connections and include:
- Fall/Spring Corporate Partner Career Fair
- Invitation to the spring Smeal Student Organization Reverse Involvement Fair
- Spring Advisory Board Meeting
- Premier placement at the Bryce Jordan Center Career Fair (upon registration completion)
Other Opportunities for Corporate Partners
- First right of refusal for interview space within the Smeal Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Recruiter in Residence (company recruiters review resumes and conduct mock interviews with students)
- Company of the Month (presence in Atrium of Business Building)
- Invitation to speak at events requested by student organizations or other college groups as needed
- Logo listed on
- Events, logos and company pages listed on the new student website
- Logos listed on stock ticker outside of Trading Room
- Continuous presence on the flat screen display in Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Logo placement on the Corporate Partners plaque on wall outside of Career & Corporate Connections Office
- Company recruiter spotlights on Business Building screens
- All Corporate Partner members have an opportunity to meet with designated college representatives for recruiting strategy and planning. These meetings can include: Smeal Career & Corporate Connections staff, Student Organization Manager, Assistant Dean for Diversity Enhancement Programs, Program Director of Diversity Enhancement Programs and/or Corporate Development staff
Event Planning Assistance
- For company recruiting events, assistance with room scheduling and catering
- Assistance completing university and risk management forms; for assistance please contact Roni Francke
- All marketing efforts listed above
- Technology fees and minor furniture fees associated with Corporate Partner events for Business Building usage will be absorbed by the Career & Corporate Connections Office
- First right of refusal for participation in the Career Planning & Strategies course (BA 297)
- First right of refusal for requests from professors for guest speakers