Nomination Process for New At-Large Directors
All members of the Smeal Alumni Society may apply for consideration to serve as an At-Large Director. Approximately 60 days prior to an election, alumni who would like to be considered as candidates to serve as an At-Large Director may complete the
- The 2015 election is planned for Thursday, March 19, and the deadline for accepting nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 30, 2015. Three (3) At-Large Director positions are available for the 2015 election.
- The Smeal Alumni Society Constitution allows the slate of nominees to be no larger than twice the amount of open positions (excluding incumbents). The 2015 voting slate will feature up to six (6) candidates.
- The Executive Committee will meet in mid-February to review all of the candidates who have submitted an application, and determine the six-person slate. The Committee will consider service to Penn State, with an emphasis on quality of service to Smeal as a volunteer for at least two years.
- Each candidate will be contacted after the February Executive Committee meeting, to let them know if they were chosen for the slate.
- The current Board of Directors will conduct the election during the Spring Board Meeting on Thursday, March 19th, and the new Board members will be announced at Impact Smeal Day in the Open Board meeting on Friday, March 20th.
- The Dean of the Smeal College of Business may appoint an At-Large Director each year, provided that Dean appointments do not collectively exceed three At-Large Director positions at any given time.