Graduate School and Continuing Education
The Smeal College of Business offers a number of options for pursuing an advanced degree, including:
- MBA Program: Students delve into four critical thematic areas as a Smeal MBA: global perspective, total business focus, functional expertise, and principled leadership. Students also customize the experience to suit their aspirations while leveraging the resources of a program that offers personal focus in and out of the classroom and a tight-knit community with students from around the world.
- Executive MBA Program: Earn a Smeal MBA in Philadelphia. With classes on alternating weekends, the 21-month Executive MBA Program is taught by the same faculty as our full-time program. Students experience an innovative curriculum with personalized executive coaching, intensive communications training, an international immersion experience, and course work focused on their firm's unique challenges.
- Master of Professional Studies in Supply Chain Management (MPS/SCM): Our 30-credit, two-year online degree program is designed to fit the schedules of working supply chain management professionals. The curriculum enables students to chart their career path in the supply chain process from managing information technology enabled logistics to crafting supply chain strategy.
- Master of Accounting (MAcc) Program: The Master of Accounting (MAcc) Program at Smeal offers two options for individuals to meet the educational requirements to be licensed as a certified public accountant in Pennsylvania and other states. The One-Year MAcc Program is for students who already have earned a bachelor's degree at Penn State or elsewhere. The Integrated MAcc Program is for Smeal accounting majors.
- Ph.D. Program: As a leading research institution, doctoral education is at the heart of our mission. Students specialize in one of six primary fields: accounting, finance, management and organization, marketing, real estate, and supply chain and information systems. Students also partner with our leading faculty to expand business knowledge while developing research and teaching abilities.
In addition to graduate school options, Penn State Executive Programs is another option to explore. The Penn State Executive Programs team offers decades of combined experience in helping clients build the organizational and leadership capabilities to deal with today's most pressing business challenges. Join the more than 1,200 executives from more than 150 organizations who annually benefit from a partnership with Penn State Executive Programs.
Leveraging the expertise of the internationally ranked Smeal College of Business, Penn State Executive Programs prepares organizations and their leaders to create and unify behind common strategic goals. Our areas of practice include campus-based open-enrollment programs, custom learning partnerships, and an award-winning approach to strategic thinking & innovation. Sign up to receive periodic announcements about our fall and spring open programs in your area of interest.