An extraordinary education is one that is personalized and flexible; is delivered by outstanding faculty using state-of-the-art teaching methods and technology; provides instructional experiences that are interactive, challenging, and relevant; and can be applied to the business issues of both today and tomorrow. Such an education provides its students with professional development opportunities, exposure to top executives in the field, interactive learning environments, and class sizes, when possible, that facilitate participation and expression.
Priorities and Initiatives
- Establish new curricular focus for programs at all levels.
- Create Institute for Student Professional Development and require undergraduate career planning course.
- Scale and improve Analyzing Business and Industry course to become a centerpiece for all majors.
- Create Integrative Business Studies major to reside in the restructured Department of Insurance and Real Estate.
- Stress student professional development and career planning.