Honor and Integrity at Smeal
Integrity matters at the Penn State Smeal College of Business. It stands as a fundamental part of our culture and permeates what we do as a leading business school both in and out of our classrooms.
First drafted in partnership with students in the Penn State Smeal MBA Program in 2006, and then introduced to Smeal undergraduates in 2007, the Honor Code strengthens the connections between all members of the Smeal community. Integrity is the foundation upon which the future of business leadership is being shaped at Smeal. Held to exacting standards today, Smeal students are preparing for ethical success as tomorrow's principled business leaders.
The Smeal Honor Code
The following are the Smeal community's aspirations as they relate to the Honor Code:
- Live up to the highest ethical standards in our academic and professional lives
- Make ourselves accountable to each other
- Challenge each other to strive for greatness
- Demand that our successes come only from fair and ethical means
- Cultivate the ethical business leaders of tomorrow
- Enhance the college's brand and reputation
The Code: We, the Smeal College of Business community, aspire to the highest ethical standards and will hold each other accountable to them. We will not engage in any action that is improper or that creates the appearance of impropriety in our academic lives, and we intend to hold this standard in our future careers.
Download a PDF of the Honor Code